In light of COVID-19, we ask the citizens of Ashland to take the utmost precautions regarding Neighborhood Trick-or-Treating on Thursday, October 29th from 6pm-8pm. If you wish to participate, please turn on your porch light and read the following guidance, if not, simply leave your porch light off during this time frame.
Please observe the following precautions from the State & CDC:
* Place individually wrapped candy outside on the porch, driveway, or a table.
* Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet from anyone not within your household.
* Always wear a face covering. Halloween masks DO NOT count as a face covering.
* Clean hands before and after touching the wrapped candy.
* Trick-or-treat in family groups and don’t congregate in large groups.
* Trick-or-treat in your own neighborhood and do not travel to other neighborhoods.
* Use hand sanitizer often, especially after contacting frequently-touched surfaces and before eating anything.
As you decide what Halloween activities to participate in, consider the COVID-19 risk.
For additional guidance and suggested alternatives,