Appalachian Regional Commission Names Amanda Clark as 2020-2021
Appalachian Leadership Institute Fellow.
The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) named Amanda Clark, City Commissioner to participate in the second class of the Appalachian Leadership Institute. As a Fellow, Mrs. Clark will participate in an extensive nine-month program of virtual skill-building, peer-to-peer learning, best practice reviews, mentoring, beginning mid-October through July 2021.
- Designing effective economic development project proposals
- Integrating community assets into long-lasting economic development strategies
- Identifying resources available to spur economic development
- Locating and accessing investment capital from a variety of public and private sources
- Preparing competitive applications for public grant opportunities; and
- Using expanded leadership skills to create strong coalitions
Upon completion of the program, Appalachian Leadership Institute Fellows will automatically become part of the Appalachian Leadership Institute Network, a peer-to-peer working group committed to Appalachia’s future.
To learn more about the program, visit leadership.arc.gov