Ashland Assisted Housing Authority
As of January 8, 2018, the Ashland Assisted Housing Waiting List will remain closed except for families who meet the following preferences:
P1: Families who:
- Were terminated from the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program due to insufficient HCV funding.
- Victims of domestic violence.
- Victims of domestic violence in public housing.
- Displaced by government action.
- Deemed homeless by written verification from local support agency.
- Household head, co-head or spouse is defined as a veteran.
- Youth aging out of Foster Care.
P2: Families who are:
- Working or attending school and live in Boyd County.
- Defined as elderly, where the head of household, spouse, or sole member is a person who is 62 years of age.
- Defined as disabled, where the head of household, spouse, or sole member of the household is a person with disabilities.
It is the mission of Ashland Assisted Housing Authority to provide safe, clean, and affordable housing for the residents of Boyd County, Kentucky. It is our commitment to provide personal, economic, and social upward mobility, and to provide families the opportunity to transition from subsidized to non-subsidized housing.
The Housing Choice Voucher program provides rental assistance to approximately 600 families throughout Boyd County. The goal of the Ashland Assisted Housing Authority is to provide safe, quality, and sanitary rental housing for very low-income families and to manage resources effectively.
The Housing Choice Voucher program provides assistance to low income families in the private rental market. Rental assistance makes market rate housing affordable. Program participants normally pay 30% of their monthly adjusted gross income towards rent and utilities (with a $50 minimum). The Housing Choice Voucher Program subsidizes the balance of rent owed to the owner.
All families are welcome to apply for assistance. Contact the Ashland Assisted Housing Authority regarding submission of an application. The Housing Authority uses a preference ranking system that takes into account factors such as whether the applicant is working, attending school, or lives in Boyd County. The preference system determines where an applicant is placed on the waiting list.
Ashland Assisted Housing Authority 1700 Greenup Avenue, Suite 212 Ashland, Kentucky 41101 Phone: (606) 327-5456 Fax: (606) 327-5457 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (606) 327-5457
1700 Greenup Avenue
Ashland, Kentucky 41101
P.O. Box 1839
Ashland, Kentucky 41105