Welcome to the Economic Development page for the City of Ashland! While ribbon cutting and ground breaking grab the headlines, we pride ourselves on providing quality service to our existing businesses. While we try to make contact with our business community on a regular basis, please do not hesitate to call for assistance anytime.
Our department carries out three missions:
- Business development, partnering with Ashland Alliance and the KY Cabinet for Economic Development.
- Business services, partnering with ACTC and the SBDC.
- Downtown development, partnering with Ashland In Motion.
Our daily activities include:
- Marketing the City of Ashland and its available sites and buildings as attractive locations to develop new businesses and to expand or retain existing businesses.
- Recruit, expand, and retain industrial, commercial, and retail businesses, including the facilitation of available federal, state, and local government financing or incentives.
- Encourage and support entrepreneurial and small business development.
- Research and develop information resources for the community’s population, demographics, economy, trade market, real estate, and other key datasets to support business development efforts.
- Educate the community and its citizens about community and economic development through local media and other modes of communication.
CITY OF ASHLAND
Department of Community & Economic Development
THE CITY OF ASHLAND IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR AN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT INCENTIVE LOAN. IF YOU ARE DOING BUSINESS IN THE CITY LIMITS OF ASHLAND AND NEED FUNDING TO IMPROVE OR EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS, YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR THIS LOAN. THIS PROJECT IS FUNDED BY THE CITY OF ASHLAND.
More information is available here or during regular office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at the Ashland City Building, Attn: Katherine Utsinger, Economic Development Specialist, Department of Community & Economic Development, Room 208, 1700 Greenup Avenue, Ashland, Kentucky, or by calling (606) 327-2005.
Applications will be received in the Department of Community & Economic Development, Second Floor, Room 208 of the City Building, 1700 Greenup Avenue, Ashland, Kentucky until 5:00 pm on Friday, June 1, 2018.
The City of Ashland through its City Manager and Department of Community & Economic Development reserves the right to accept all or to reject all or any part of an application should it be deemed to be in the best interest of the City of Ashland.